Friday, November 16, 2007

Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats


Aaron Funk is the man behind Canadian breakcore act Venetian Snares. Calling it breakcore is a limited description though. His tunes and tracks often consists of programmed pianos taking atonality into new grounds, some times it's just the sound of apocalypse, and then again, some times it's almost danceable in some uncomfortable way. The real Beauty of Songs About My Cats struck me one morning after a party, there where a lot of cleaning and a lot of headache involved, when I reckoned it would be fun to piss the other writer of this blog off (he was asleep). So I put the album on, knowing that the chance of my head not exploding was mere. Funny thing happened when the album turned out to be really good music for hangovers. I wouldn't say that i danced, but strange things occurred with my limbs that morning.

Anyway, you should enjoy it too.

Released: 2001
Label: Planet Mu

(That was a new feature. Makes it look cool)

This was written while listening to Iron & Wine - The Creek And The Cradle

No comments: